On this page:
- Welcome to my home portraits and more page!
- Portfolio Samples – Scroll Through the Page to See My House Portraits and Home Accent Pieces (Click each thumbnail to view in larger format)
- Possible Ideas for Your Custom Order, Available Prints and How to Order Custom Drawings or Existing Prints
- Customer Testimonials
- Price List
- Contact Information
So happy to see you here, at the grand opening of my home portraits page! I invite you to scroll, browse… and come back often… as I continue to add more pictures all the time! Won’t you sign my “guestbook” by leaving a comment below? Then… help spread the word, too – the more the merrier!
an illustration that faces or immediately precedes the title page of a book. In architecture, a small ornamental pediment, as on top of a door or window, decoratively framing the main or front of a building.
Home. It’s where your story begins. And, to me, artwork is like the tone-setting eloquence of a charming “first page” illustration in a book you want guests to pick up and read of you…
Above your mantle… In your foyer…Warming your study…
Custom pen & ink illustrations say… classic.
Welcome to my HOME PORTRAITS page! If I had a brick and mortar shop, I imagine a warmly inviting tearoom. Maybe you’d be drawn in by the light in the window. Or by a 16×20 pen & ink home illustration hung above the mantlepiece, something detailed and reminiscent of English manors … a bit of traditional to mix in with your modern. Everything fresh and new, but speaking to antique treasures too. The scent of tea brewing greeting you as you step in to browse…
Tucked in amongst books on a polished British sideboard, you find illustrations of little pieces that could tell the story of your home. A black-and-white, Alice in Wonderland-type drawing that reminds you of your Grandmother’s teacup over here. There… an etched portrait of a front door and porch surrounded in garden flowers, echoing back to your own portico or one you’ve always loved.
You think of your favorite photographs and wonder how they could look in pen & ink illustrations custom drawn for your own Downton Abbey manor or bungalow cottage …
And that’s what this “shop” is all about. Thinking about images you might love preserved in pen & ink, sized anywhere from 5×7 to 16×20. It could be a portrait of your home or one you’ve cherished through the years that may not even still be there, except in your heart and photographs. But it could also be a lot more with so many accent pieces that open up the “story pages” of your home… or make a perfect gift for someone else’s...
What stories does the book of your home and family tell? Those are the ones I’d love to capture in pen & ink for you…
I work from your photographs, so the possibilities for these are endless.
Here are just a few:
- An etching of a favorite family heirloom or two
- An illustration of the charming antique desk that sits in your child’s bedroom
- A drawing of some memento from a favorite aunt, grandmother, etc.
- A sketch of the hutch or writing secretary in your living room corner
- A portrait of your childhood home or school, or a fondly remembered room – such as your Grandmother’s kitchen
- A drawing of a church that holds family memories
- An up close study of a beautiful characteristic of your home inside or out… like a decorative window, a church or home garden, a lovely fireplace mantel with wing chair next to it, a treasured antique table with a large bouquet of flowers…
Have something in mind or photograph? Let’s chat about it. See the possibilities…tailored to telling your story.
contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
ARE YOU A REALTOR? PERHAPS AN INTERIOR DESIGNER? Pen & ink home portraits and room depictions make excellent closing gifts!
LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE MOTHER’S/FATHER’S DAY, GRADUATION, BIRTHDAY, WEDDING OR ANNIVERSARY GIFT? Consider a pen & ink drawing of a beloved home, school, golf/country club, or church. Or… maybe even a fun, vintage or historical landmark – like an old-fashioned ice-cream parlor, a charming gazebo, Disneyland, a memorable vacation spot.
SAMPLES FROM MY PORTFOLIO (Scroll through):
Note: Here are some actual homes it’s been fun to see coming alive through pen on paper recently. The house prints shown appear darker here than they really are. In the originals, the pens I use give a soft, lighter touch, much more like the tone somewhere in between pen and pencil.
CLICK ON THESE THUMBNAIL IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW:
- CUSTOM ORDER A PORTRAIT OF YOUR HOME, OR GIVE ONE AS A GIFT.
- PRINTS OF THE ABOVE DRAWINGS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE – one thing I enjoyed about drawing these is how many have an English countryside look, perfect for adding a little landscape tradition even to a modern decor.
- On request, I will add a brief Scripture verse to these (as you might see on something like a Thomas Kincaid piece)… or maybe something inspirational from my own writing, such as a few lines from this: A Sweet Fragrance… of Praise…
SEE PRICES AND ORDERING INFO AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
Capturing the heart of your “home stories” with snapshot accents…
Taking photos and drawing so many detailed homes makes me want to portray vignettes showing the charm of how interior rooms might look… a comfy chair, a beautiful table… and set them in “story scenarios.” I’m just beginning to explore ideas for these accent pieces with the idea of offering something similar drawn from your photos. Look for more to come! Here are a few I just drew these past few weeks…
CLICK ON THUMBNAIL IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW:
- Find unique client gifts: Interior decorators, surprise your customers with a custom pen and ink rendering that captures a piece of your design in their newly-decorated home, drawn from your photos
- Warm up smaller nooks, tuck in on a bookshelf, or add charm to a study wall
- Mark a special occasion in drawing – i.e. your daughter’s bridal veil hanging on a bedroom wall after the wedding…
- Save a memento of a cherished heirloom, piece of furniture, a child’s room…
Since “home” also means the loved ones who share your heart and hearth, I thought I’d include samples here from a fun collection of illustrations I once created for sale in local gift shops:
CLICK ON THESE IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW:
…Setting Out Tea… … Sleepover Dreams…
…Afternoon Tea… …Christmas Eve Watch…
…Dear Old Friend…
- 8×10 PRINTS of these are available, great for a child’s room or even as a frame-able gift of friendship to a good friend, always young at heart! May also be printed to order as a set of note cards. I still have a few of these that were printed in sepia tones, too.
- DO YOU HAVE A TREASURED PHOTO OF YOU OWN FAVORITE LITTLE ONES? PLACE AN ORDER FOR A CUSTOM DRAWING! (Example: Dear Old Friend, above, was based on a photo of a friend’s daughter – set in a background of my own imagination… ) .
SEE PRICES AND ORDERING INFO AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
And…here are a few extra links to my recent pen and ink portfolio of home portraits and more… (I’ll be adding more here as I put them online)… The tone on these home images is more true to the way the originals look.
CLICK THESE LINKS TO VIEW ADDITIONAL HOUSE PORTRAITS AND MORE:
(A recent example of a child illustration I drew this Christmas – adapted from a photo of a neighbor’s granddaughter)
Well, it is here– I LOVE IT!!! You have given me and Matt something very special–we will hold this drawing in our hearts, and we now have a wonderful visual reminder of Zuehl Haus–the little haus where so much LIVING has passed through the doors… I can SEE the family who once owned this place sitting on their porch… looking down from their Heavenly Porch now and saying “These two were very GOOD Stewards—Very GOOD!”
God has taken your hand and filled it with an amazing GIFT!!!! I do not have enough words to thank you Pam — truly from my heart it’s just so special. Your talent truly is giving us a special 38th Wedding Anniversary! Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!! I will be a “Repeat Customer!” ~ Martha H.
The picture of our home is a treasure! Your artistic ability is amazing, but I especially like the extra touches that make our home’s picture so unique. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We cannot wait to see the pictures of our children’s homes… and cannot wait to see their reactions to our gifts to them! ~ Carol W.
Lovely words from a fellow blogger:
I pray that the beauty of your drawings will really bring joy to those who give these gifts. I will tell your readers that above my computer hangs an artist’s rendering of our old house. It was razed after we sold it, and a friend said, “Why don’t you get an artist’s painting of it?” She showed me one she had, and I can’t tell you how happy I am I did this. Painting or pen-and-ink…it matters not. Just have something that is a memento and which will, upon one glance, flood your mind with memories about the place you once called home! How glad I am that I followed her advice, and I hope your readers will consider using your artistic talents in this way.
Love, Lynn M.
Size Originals Prints
5×7 $35 $15
8×10 $75 $35
11×14 $150 $75
14×17 $250 $95
16×20 $265 $120
. Capturing “story treasures” for you in pen & ink…
like a bouquet of sterling silver roses, from me to you.
* Shipping costs separate, to be determined by piece/size
** For now, limited to U.S. and Canadian orders, due to currency differences outside those areas, and shipping costs.
EASY TO ORDER! Simply send an email to me at email@example.com. We’ll discuss some tips to taking and submitting photos of your property for me to work with, payment and time-frame for delivery — as well as creative editing of anything that might detract or add to the composition (i.e. adding foliage and gardens to photos taken of bare trees in winter shots, adding personalized items in the setting, etc.) and any questions you may have. All photos will be returned with the completed project. I look forward to capturing YOUR Classic on paper!
A master designer...Click this button to read what this artist vision is all about… I loved this as soon as I found Darlene’s beautiful manifesto at http://www.fieldstonehilldesign.com/master-designer … and I join her in this lovely statement.
© Pam Depoyan: All writing and pen & ink drawings shown on this page Additional photos/clipart: http://www.fotosearch.com
My artwork and writing on this Blog are copyright-protected as my sole property, Writing…Apples of Gold © 2010-2013 by Pam Depoyan, and fron·tis·piece home portrait designs© except where otherwise noted. If you would like to discuss a pen & ink portrait of your home, or one of another place or treasured part of your “story,” please contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.