Promise of Restoration
“This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says about the houses in this city and the royal palaces of Judah that have been torn down…
“‘Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them and… forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. 9 Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.’ ~ Jeremiah 33:1-9
As I pray today for those suffering loss of loved ones, devastation of homes, damages of high rising wind and water in this terrible event of the past few days…the beautiful promises of the Lord to heal and restore us to Himself, to rebuild us as we were in land and in heart, to draw all back to His arms, to return the land to security… echo within. Giving hope against darkness.
And He reminds me…HE is our bulwark in the storm and restorer of those in need.
This year, God has renewed a prayer in me that I used to pray all the time years ago…but over time fell out of habit. And that is to pray…the covering of the Lord’s blood as a hedge of protection around our lives. That as He led Rahab, putting the scarlet ribbon on her home as a sign for His protection…the Hebrews at Passover… He wants us to do the same… only how much more is the blood of the One who shed His on the cross…
Daily. Because daily we are bombarded with hurricanes of unseen winds. (Ephesians 6.)
And so I have lifted up family and friends daily this year…asking that He would surround each one I lift to Him in this covering of protection over their health, homes, finances, neighborhoods, lives. Yesterday, hearing of the miraculous protection of home and power over two NY families I lift up regularly, my heart caught – because in my minds eye I see so surely how He stayed His hand around them and their neighborhoods…filling me with wonder at how He can lead our prayers… How He wants and longs to work through our prayers…
Now, in the midst of so many others who are suffering, I hear His heart for them in the promise of Jeremiah 33. To lift up. To rebuild. To heal and draw close and show us unsearchable things if we will call upon His name and ask…
And so I thought again of this little corner of prayer. Will you join me in praying for the following today?
- Father, I lift up some I know of by name who need your strength, hope, rebuilding promise today as they stand before homes and lives flooded and ravaged... Jay R…. Benita… Donna…Lesaya…Chris… Along with those whose names only You know. Come into the intimate midst of their broken hearts, cries of what will we do, and fill them with overwhelming assurance that you will rebuild them even greater than before. Set your restoration in motion, leading others to their doorsteps, arranging Divine appointments, bringing miracles of quick resolution totally provided for in every way. Let them see the hand of our Lord moving on their behalf so powerfully…tenderly and specifically for them… that they will stand in awe and give praise to your Name above all Names. As they are now sowing in tears, let them return with joy and songs of laughter in their mouths (Psalm 126:6)
- Lord, pull all those mourning the loss of family and friends who were killed in this tragedy into your arms of compassionate love. Send your people to them to embrace and support and heal through your Spirit leading.
- Move to restore power much more quickly than seems feasible... in all places where people are suffering in the deep cold… in hospitals… in homes… in businesses.
- Father, send your Holy Spirit to breathe your reviving light into our nation as a whole, to turn individual hearts to deeply knowing and walking with you, to protect and lead in our election of those who will uphold You, all that You cherish, and all that You want to do to strengthen and heal and restore our land to the blessing of walking with You. Deliver us from evil… give wisdom to all who vote… remove any stubborn resistance to your heart and never take your Hand from us… Hear the prayers of all who lift up our nation and leaders and draw and keep us as a nation of your light to the world… Keep your blood covering on us each, O Lord in what truly seems to be a crossroads in our time… Let all stand in awe and praise to You in how You restore…
- O God our Father, so many in these storm-torn places are feeling lost…alone…forgotten. Send us, Your people there that they may feel Your arms around them, holding them and lifting them up. Through our prayers. Through our churches and those who are able to go there and help. Through encouraging in whatever ways you lead and open. Through provision in all their needs. Turn their hearts and eyes upward, and help them know You will redeem all “the locust has stolen.” Send help to them in specific ways, meeting specific needs, revealing Your heart, pouring out Your Spirit and leading in restoration. For those who are freezing, hungering, sorrowing in the cold, provide shelter and food and hope.
- Thank you, Father, for all the ways you protect that we don’t even know… and how even when it looks darkest, You never let us go…
Lord, pour out your promise of Zechariah 2:5 on America,
on us all this day:
“And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the Lord,
‘and I will be its glory within.’”
Do you have someone or something you are praying for today? Leave a comment so we may join with you too!
**** Read in comment section for updates on those above,
and additional URGENT prayer requests
P.S. I just read a beautiful testimony to God’s protecting when we pray His blood covering, over at my friend’s blog. She is one of those there in New York I’m giving thanks to God for protecting in these similar prayers God has led me in all year for her and others. But she also shares some devastating stories of others who need our prayers in this time…
Please read her post and join her urgent prayers here: an encouraging word
Sharing this with: