This Christmas Eve,
high above our own wonder-filled town voices are rising one by one,
Lord, my friend needs you…
I love my friend, O God…
Watch over my friend tonight…
And angels bend to hear US sing… A song of Emmanuel… A song of Israel…?
God will make us candles to His flame Moving heart to heart Transforming…comforting…healing… Setting a carol of bells into unending song Rising a star of hope Setting captives free Pouring out the oil of gladness in place of mourning. (Is. 61)
O… let us sing!
Father, as Israel sang, spring up O well…
I sing a song tonight over ______.
Fulfill Your covenant promises in ______,
so much more than I can even think or imagine or list here.
Pour out Your Spirit in ______‘s life and heart.
Flow waters of Your Love, Living Life… cleansing, rejuvenating in You.
- ______ is your chosen one, your beloved (as each of Your children are).
- You promise never to let ______ go.
Thank You for ringing these promises in ______’s mind and spirit… that You:
- Love ______ forever.
- Draw ______ close to Your heart.
- Walk with him/her and are ______’s God.
- Make him/her your son/daughter.
- Watch over ______‘s children and family and make them Your own.
- Teach and guide ______ in Your paths of life.
- Give light to ______’s eyes and hold him/her in the palm of Your Hand.
- Keep ______ safe in the shelter of Your arms and ransom unharmed from evil.
- Shine in and through ______ to reach others.
- Fill ______ with such a quickening in spirit, a knowing and a rejoicing that You are so present with him/her. Emmanuel… God with us….forever.
Even this moment, cause Your holy spring well to rise up inside ______ right now. Cleansing, purifying, living water to make ____ whole.
Spring up O songs of joy in ______’s heart, bringing Life abundantly…
© Pam Depoyan
Read Parts 1 and 2 to this post here: