Meeting with a few of my neighbors tonight, we shared prayer, testimonies, uplifting faith stories about stepping out in a boldness of the Spirit, planned an upcoming evening to reach out to others and pondered the best time of day to beat crowds at the polls tomorrow.
“Oh, I don’t think I’m going to vote,” one woman threw out softly, sounding as nonchalant as one who says, “I think I’ll ignore the storm coming tomorrow and leave my umbrella at home.”
You could have heard the proverbial pin drop.
“Oh, you must...” voices piped as one, only not too convincingly.
I have never been the type to push in such confrontations, but out on this precarious limb where we find ourselves, I couldn’t keep quiet. “I believe God is calling us to vote the platforms,” I said gently but firmly. “That we just can’t throw a vote away in His eyes.”
She just looked confused and forlorn, and I could read her mind. But I can’t vote for either of them. They’re both awful.
And today, on this last night before it is all decided… I wanted to weep.
As though I could feel a thorn in His heart, for us.
“O God,” I prayed at home a bit later, “as you said to do in Chronicles, I repent for all those of your Bride who are once more about to let things slide. Forgive us, O Lord, for they truly don’t know what they are doing by doing nothing…” I gulped. “But Father, somehow, move upon enough hearts to change the direction to the one that honors you…Deliver us from evil!”
And He seemed to whisper again into my ear of sharing something here I haven’t yet done.
“What use is it now?” I wondered, pressed Him. “The day of deciding is upon us.”
“Even if I only change one heart through your sharing this,” he reminded…”Is that not enough?”
“Yes, Lord,” I answered.
So… I share these words from a letter from a ministry I support, in this eleventh hour, for you to pray upon:
I know they would not mind but would want it sent to whomever has ears to hear…
And the question it begs is powerful and moving and cannot be ignored or unseen behind a blindfold of worry —
Which platform do you want to be considered ‘accomplice’ to in God’s eyes?
For… THIS sobering thought!
- When you do vote, remember – you align yourself as accomplice with the platform your candidate stands on.
- If you don’t vote, does it not stand to reason that you will align yourself as an “accomplice” to the opposite party platform from the one that supports Life and Light? And that it also disrespects all who have given their lives for our right to vote?
Here are excerpts from this ministry letter that I hear God nearly shouting to all those who follow Him:
“Elections are a serious business, especially to God and to the Kingdom of God. Voting is not optional in His eyes because
- The WORD says in Proverbs 29:2, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
- “So when the wicked continue to elect the wicked, the people continue to suffer. “Well, I don’t like either one of the candidates,” you say. Whether you or I like them or not has nothing to do with anything.
- “In the first place, there are more people running for office than just president and vice president. There are also the platforms that form the agendas of each party – the platforms that these candidates are supporting – that we must consider. Those platforms are the bisg issue – especially to you and me as believers.
- “The planks in those platforms came out of people’s hearts. God pays very close attention to them, AND to those who choose to stand on them. No one can stand on one plank and not the other. You are standing on a plank. You’re on the whole stage, which is made up of every plank.
“The One that disturbs me most is
the abortion agenda… No one can vote for a candidate, knowing they are for abortion, without being an accomplice to murder. Deut 30:19 — I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing or cursing; choose life that both you and your seed may live.
“Prov 6:16 – There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him – haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.
“Eccl 11:5 – The spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a pregnant woman…
“1 Cor 3:17 – If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him, for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
“Sacred? Yes, SACRED!
“No one can escape the God-given responsibility to pray – to vote – and pray.
“What about those who, in the past, either have not voted or voted against the WORD of God or lived outside His Word? Is 43:25 is our greatest promise – I, even I am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins… Thank God for His blood covering!
“God is not out to condemn. Jesus is interested in YOUR AND MY FREEDOM, and the freedom of every living soul on this planet. There could not be a more vital moment to cast your vote for LIFE.”
O Father… Move upon the hearts of your people powerfully, urgently this night, throughout tomorrow, that all will hear and understand your call to this vote means keeping one nation under God.
Confused on what each platform stands for?
Recently I found a wonderful site that lists issue by issue what each party believes. It is so EYE OPENINGLY clear and easy to understand. If today you are still seeking clarity… I urge you to check this out: Democratic and Republican Party Platforms