“What I always feared has happened to me.”
~ Job 3:25, The Living Bible
Note: Sounds like Job let fear occupy his thoughts and words until it came to pass...”
Is a “crow” heckling you with anxious thoughts today?
Has he been cawing worry, worry, worry into your words?
Do you find yourself telling others, “I’m so worried about ______?”
The more we speak out FEAR, do our words, as Job’s,
invite the very harvest we don’t want?
Greater than a scarecrow, says the Lord, stand behind My Shield of FAITH.
- In every battle of words, use it to stop the flaming arrows! [Ephesians 6:16]
- Hold it up to FEAR and command, “No weapon formed against me will prosper!” [Isaiah 54:17]
- Tell fear to… BE GONE and it must flee! [Mark 11:24]
- Refuse to listen to the crow, resist his lies, put praise songs in your mouth and he will scatter! [James 4:7]
Do not be as Job in speaking out what you fear, calling it into harvest.
- No! Speak out God’s Word, it is the sword I put in your mouth! [Ephesians 6:17]
- And I will bring forth fruit of My Word into your lifefor no word of My Word will fail to perform what I say! [Isaiah 55:11]
Remind the “crow” you follow Me
- “I [the Lord God] have put My words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of My hand!” [Isaiah 51:16]
- Death stalks in the word of Fear. You find LIFE in My Words.
“The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious;
but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.” [Ecclesiastes 10:12, KJV]
“For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—
a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,
just as it is written:
‘The righteous will live by faith.’”
~ Romans 1:17, NIV
Question: Do you know how many times the Lord enjoins us in the Bible NOT to fear?
Answer: 365 times… one per day!
He knows the power of words in our mouths…and calls us to know the same
and be made whole in His Victory!
© Pam Depoyan
I encourage you to check out the many beautiful, heartwarming or just plain fun October blog series’ participating under a slurry of topic umbrellas at write31days.com
This is day 23 of my fall series – 31 days to An Autumn Harvest of our Words. For these posts, I thought I’d explore a different twist on why our words matter…
Is there a God-established sowing, reaping and harvesting in our words?
Especially of His Words, spoken?
To follow this series, it’s important to begin here, A Prequel Post to the Annual Autumn 31 Days Linkup and then click here for new posts each day: